Thanks to all of our partners.
We have had a fantastic level of support to get Against the Grain off the ground and would like to thank all of the people presented below for their contributions so far. We welcome new partners interested in helping to make our social enterprise a success. Please get in touch.
Almond Tree Strategic Consulting has been instrumental in setting up Against the Grain and its owner Julian Lomas continues to provide management and support to the enterprise, as chair of the board of trustees.
On Vibe’s Phil Donnelly has played a huge role in bringing Against the Grain to life, providing pro bono expertise to develop the new charity’s visual identity and developing our fabulous launch video and website.
Invesco Cares Foundation has made a generous donation to Against the Grain and is part of Invesco, (an independent investment management firm) who provide grants to organisations who help children & young people, people with disabilities, elderly people and other minority groups.
- Reading YMCA for a variety of support, including providing facilities and staff to train in basic, practical skills
- Meredith Bowles and Sarah Barefield for an introduction to upholstery
- Jenny Ward for her sewing workshop
- The Bag Shop in Reading for work experience
- Elliot Hamer, a graduate of Rycotewood, for one-to-one work with one of our trainees using recycled wood to design a table
- Daisy’s Vintage Homeware for a series of sessions on paint techniques
- Adviza’s CEO, Katharine Horler and Adviza staff who are providing ongoing support, advice and supervision.